Harnessing Genetics to advance Research, Healthcare, Education and Innovation.
Our mission is to promote and facilitate medical genetic research and to educate and inform the public, health professionals, and young people alike about the issues and opportunities raised by genetics.
We bring together expertise and experience in genetics within Wales, provide state-of-the-art technologies to researchers in Wales and provide innovative initiatives to educate and engage health professionals and the public in Wales and beyond.
The Wales Gene Park is funded by Welsh Government through Health and Care Research Wales.
- Public talk: Genomic Medicine – What it is and How the 100,000 Genomes Project Can Help the NHS to Deliver it
- Join Dr Tom Fowler, Genomics England’s Director of Public Health and Deputy Chief Scientist, to learn about genomic medicine and how the 100,000 Genomes project can help the NHS to ...
- Dates announced for 2016 Sixth Form Genetics Conference
- The Wales Gene Park Sixth Form Genetics Conference 2016 will take place on the following dates: Monday 28th November 2016 – St David’s Hall, Cardiff Wednesday 30th November 2016 – William Aston Hall, Glyndwr University, ...
- Wales Gene Park stand wins award!
- The Wales Gene Park was voted winner of the “Most Engaging Stand” at the Health and Care Research Wales Involving People Network annual meeting 2016 held at the Cardiff City ...
- Teachers’ Genetics Network Newsletters
- Archived copies of the Teachers’ Genetics Network Newsletters can be downloaded from here. For up-to-date copies of the most recent newsletters, please join the Teachers’ Genetics Network. Summer 2016 Autumn 2015 Summer 2015