24th October 2017, Catrin Finch Centre, Wrexham, 10am-2pm
Like to find out more about the fascinating field of DNA, genetics and genomics and discover how it affects our everyday lives?
Join us for the 2nd Wales Gene Park 3G conference in North Wales! The event is aimed at members of the public over 50, but everyone is welcome!
- The ABC of DNA (Dr Sue Assinder, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine)
- Feeding and Healing the World through Plant Genetic Technologies (Dr Geraint Parry, GARNet, Cardiff University)
- DNA Analysis in Forensic Science (Dr Amy Rattenbury, Glyndwr University)
- The 100,000 Genomes project and the Future of Healthcare (Lisa Dowell, North West Coast NHS Genomic Medicine Centre)
- Bowel Cancer in Wales: challenges and opportunities (Dr Lee Campbell, Cancer Research Wales)
Join us for the whole event or drop in for any of the talks (5 minute break between talks to drop-in or out). There will also be interactive stands showcasing some of the latest research and projects in Wales. Refreshments and lunch provided.
Attendance is FREE. Registration required via Eventbrite: http://ow.ly/N8Fk30e4Jql
Further information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02920 746940