21-22 November 2013.
The Fourth Cardiff Symposium on Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics “Current Trends in Diagnostics & Therapeutics”
Following the previous successful symposia, the fourth two day symposium on Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics is being organised to focus on the current practices and new developments in diagnosis and treatment of inherited cardiovascular conditions.
The programme will include invited plenary talks and lectures on major topics delivered by international experts. Separate sessions on major themes will be arranged. There will be ample opportunity for discussion, networking and multi-disciplinary team development. Abstracts for open/poster presentations are welcome.
Sessions will include:
- Developmental cardiovascular abnormalities
- Inherited arteriopathies
- Inherited cardiomyopathies
- Inherited arrhythmias and conduction abnormalities
- Inherited cardiac metabolic disorders
- Genomics of complex cardiovascular diseases
- Genetics and genomics of chronic heart failure
- Pulmonary and systemic hypertension
- Sudden unexplained/cardiac death
- Cardiovascular pharmacogenetics and pharamcogenomics
- Surgical treatment including cardiac transplantation
- Current trends in pharmaco-therapeutics/preventive cardiac devices
- Gene, stem cell and regenerative therapy
Further information from Angela Burgess, Education Project Manager, BurgessAM@Cardiff.ac.uk.