Like to find out more about the fascinating field of DNA, genetics and genomics and discover how it affects our everyday lives? Join us for the 2nd Wales Gene Park 3G conference!
Hear expert talks on topics including:
- Using DNA to fight Wildlife Crime (Dr Rhys Jones, Cardiff University; presenter of BBC’s Rhys to the Rescue & Rhys Jones’s Wildlife Patrol)
- Pharma Bees (Prof Les Baillie, Cardiff University)
- Population Genetics: the People of the British Isles (Dr Bruce Winney)
- The Genomics Revolution (Dr Rachel Butler, All Wales Medical Genetics Service)
- “Eat to fit your Genes” (Dr Maninder Ahluwalia, Cardiff Metropolitan University)
- “How can the public voice make a difference?” (Barbara Moore, Health and Care Research Wales)
- Bowel Cancer in Wales: challenges and opportunities (Dr Lee Campbell, Cancer Research Wales)
Join us all day or drop in for any of the talks (5 minute break between talks to drop-in or out). There will also be interactive stands showcasing some of the latest research and projects in Wales. The event is aimed at members of the public over 50, but everyone is welcome! Refreshments and lunch provided.
Attendance is FREE. Registration required via Eventbrite: http://ow.ly/3vlA30bJkdw
This event is organised by Wales Gene Park as part of the Wales Festival of Innovation and sponsored by the Galton Institute.