What is the Genomics Showcase?
Wales Gene Park is organising a new and exciting Genomics Showcase in collaboration with Genomics Partnership Wales. The Showcase was due to take place in Cardiff City Hall, however, the pandemic has forced a move to a virtual platform for delivery, so now you can join in from the comfort of your own home!
The event will showcase genomics and its potential to improve healthcare for the people of Wales. The event will be live from 10.00am until 7.00pm. You can join and leave as many times as you like during the day or stay logged-on for the duration!
Content will include:
This will be an arrival area for all participants. There will be notice boards and signs to the various elements on offer. To assist participants to gain the most from the event, there will also be an interactive Information Zone with latest info about proceedings and ‘what’s coming up’ notices. Enquiries about various aspects of the event will be dealt with at a Help Desk.
- A series of talks throughout the day
- A Genomics Café
- A Twilight Discussion
- An exhibition area with stands from various patient groups, charities etc
- A ‘Short Clips’ area – short films/animations on various genetics/genomics topics shown throughout the day
- Talks from key stakeholders and various other organisations
- An interactive games room with quizzes, puzzles and more
- Genomics Treasure Hunt
- DNA Extraction
This will be accessible to all but focussed towards students
- University stands
- Genomics careers information
Health Professionals & Researchers Zone
The zone will include:
- Four/five simultaneous events consisting of presentations and talks
- A Poster Hall where academic posters will be displayed and can be visited at any time. There will also be the opportunity for the best posters to be presented as talks.
- An Exhibition Area where companies will have virtual stands, accessible all day
There is something for everyone at this event, so please pass the information on to family, friends & colleagues!
Register for the Genomics Showcase here
If you would like any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org