Friday 14th May 2021, 12 – 2pm
Are you affected by a rare or genetic condition? Are you a member of the public interested in finding out more about genomics and health? Join us for a Virtual Genomics Café! This initiative is being run by Wales Gene Park in collaboration with Genomics Partnership Wales. The special café is being held as part of the first ever Genomics Showcase in Wales and will feature relaxed talks from speakers including:
- Covid-19 a year on: Professor Keir Lewis, Hywel Dda University Health Board
- Experiences of a Rare Disease Parent Advocate: Marie James
- The Role of Rare Copy Number Variants in psychiatric disorders: Dr Kim Kendall, MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Cardiff University
- Getting involved in Genomics in Wales: Patient & Public Sounding Board Members, Genomics Partnership Wales
- Opportunity for discussion and networking
The Café is free to join and will be an informal opportunity to meet others and find out about new advances in the area of genomic medicine in Wales. It will also be a chance for people to come together, and let us know how we can better support those affected by rare or genetic conditions. As the café is part of the Genomics Showcase, you will need to register for the via the specific link below. This will give you access to the entire Showcase (including talks, stands, activities, films and more) including the café.
Register for the Café: https://genomicsshowcase2021.vfairs.com/en/
Don’t forget to bring your cuppa and a snack to enjoy during the café!
Further information: email email@example.com