Beginning UNIX on Raven
- Final knowledge check
- How would you change your password?
- What does the command cd ~ do?
- How can you change from /home/pi/files to /home/pi/newfiles using a relative path?
- What command will list all text files (.txt) in a directory showing their file sizes in an easily readable form?
- What command will show you the first 10 lines of a file?
- What about the first 25 lines?
- How about the last 12?
- How can you find out how to use a new command?
- What command file will rename file1.txt to file2.txt?
- How can you move /home/pi/files/file1/txt to the /home/pi directory ?
- How can you delete all text (.txt) files in a directory?
- How about deleting all files that have the same format (file1.txt, files2.txt etc)?
- How can you list all the lines in a file which contain the word raspberry or Raspberry?
- How can you count the number of lines in a file that contain the word pi?
- What command will append the output from a program called analyse to a file called output.txt?
- How can you create a new directory called newdir?
- How can you count the number of files in your home directory with a .txt suffix?
- How can you scroll though your output.txt file?
- How can you find out what all the files in your directory may contain?
- How can you redirect the output from a program called analysis to both a file called output.txt and also show it on screen?