ADCC Mediated B-Cell dEpletion and BAFF-R Blockade (AMBER)
Autoimmune Hepatitis / Posted 1 year ago
This is a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind dose range study in autoimmune hepatitis. The study population consists of female and male adult autoimmune hepatitis patients with incomplete response or intolerant to standard treatment of care. The diagnosis of autoimmune hepatitis has to fulfill the IAIHG criteria and must be confirmed by liver histology.
Patients will be randomly assigned to different doses of VAY736 or placebo. The primary analysis is planned at 24 weeks. A subsequent study part will then test the efficacy and safety of VAY736 in a parallel group design. For this part of the trial a new group of autoimmune hepatitis patients will be enrolled.
Inclusion Criteria :
- Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years to 75 Years (Adult, Older Adult)
- Sexes Eligible for Study: All
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
- AIH diagnosed per International Autoimmune Hepatitis Group
- Liver biopsy with Ishak modified HAI indicating active AIH
- Incomplete response to OR intolerance of standard therapy (per AASLD)
Exclusion Criteria :
- Prior use of any B-cell depleting therapy (e.g., rituximab or other anti-CD20 mAb, anti-CD22 mAb or anti-CD52 mAb) within 1 year prior to Screening or as long as B-cell count less than 50 cells/µL
- Required regular use of medications with known hepatotoxicity
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Diagnosis of overlap syndrome with AIH (e.g., AIH+PBC, AIH+PSC).
- Drug related AIH at screening or a history of drug related AIH.
- History of drug abuse or unhealthy alcohol use
- History of malignancy of any organ system
- Pregnant or nursing (lactating) women
- Study start date : February 15, 2018
- Study end date : July 4, 2025
- Wales-Based Study Contact : Please speak to your clinician
- Principal Investigator : Study Director: Marcos Pedrosa, M.D. Novartis Pharmaceuticals