International Randomised Phase III Clinical Trial in Children With Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (Myechild01)
Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) / Posted 11 months ago
The main purpose of this study is :
- To establish which number of doses of gemtuzumab ozogamicin (up to a maximum of 3 doses) is tolerated and can be safety delivered in combination with cytarabine plus mitoxantrone or liposomal daunorubicin in induction
- To compare mitoxantrone (anthracenedione) & cytarabine with liposomal daunorubicin (anthracycline) & cytarabine as induction therapy. (Randomisation 1 (R1) closed early to recruitment on 8th September 2017, due to liposomal daunorubicin manufacturing issues resulting in unavailability of the drug.)
- To compare a single dose of gemtuzumab ozogamicin with the optimum tolerated number of doses of gemtuzumab ozogamicin (identified by the dose-finding study) when combined with induction chemotherapy.
- To compare two consolidation regimens: high dose cytarabine (HD Ara-C) and fludarabine & cytarabine (FLA) in standard risk patients.
- To compare the toxicity and effectiveness of two haemopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) conditioning regimens of different intensity: conventional myeloablative conditioning (MAC) with busulfan/cyclophosphamide and reduced intensity conditioning (RIC) with fludarabine/busulfan.