The expression of biomarkers and clinical outcome measures pre and postsurgical treatment of prostate, bladder and penile cancers
Penile Cancer / Posted 4 years ago
The role of routine and novel biomarkers and their correlation with clinical outcome measures in patients undergoing surgical interventions for benign and malignant disorders of the prostate and bladder.
Inclusion Criteria :
- All patients scheduled for elective surgery for the treatment of benign and malignant hyperplasia of the prostate, bladder and penis will be considered for participation in this research
Exclusion Criteria :
- Patients will be excluded from the study if informed consent is not obtained
- Following informed consent the patient may withdraw from the study at any time
- If blood samples are unobtainable during venepuncture or following surgery then the patient will be withdrawn from the study.
- Patients with underlying chronic inflammatory and cardiovascular disorders (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, ischaemic heart disease) will not be excluded from the study. A baseline/control sample will be collected (preoperatively) to assess each individual&amp;amp;#039;s postoperative response and the results will therefore be relevant to this study.
- Study start date : 01/04/2015
- Study end date : 30/06/2024
- Wales-Based Study Contact : Prof Iqbal Shergill